Elmwood Medical Centre, GP Surgery, Burlington Road, Buxton, Derbyshire, SK17 9AYTel: 01298 23019
What is the Elmwood PPG?
Elmwood PPG is a group of patients and staff who work together on a voluntary basis to promote the wellbeing of Elmwood patients and support the Practice in delivering the best possible care and service it can.
Anyone who is an Elmwood patient is welcome to join us. One of our GPs normally attends our meetings and one of the Reception staff is also a member. We currently have 34 members.
The Chair is Ian Bowns, the Secretary is Jane Barrett. We can be contacted on the group e-mail address which is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our contact at the surgery is Helen Croft 01298 23019
What does the PPG do?
The group reformed in 2011 – initially to help the Practice administer their annual Patient Satisfaction questionnaires and develop action plans in response to any areas of concern in the results – you said, we listened and acted.
In the last three years, we have developed the group and:
What happens when the PPG meet?
We currently meet in March, June, September and December, when:
· We deal with any points arising from the previous meeting that have been acted upon between meetings.
· We normally have a guest speaker chosen by the group to discuss an issue of interest – finding out more about the work done by different practice staff and agencies concerned in our health care, learning more about local health issues that affect us all, discussing national initiatives that affect our care……
· This is followed by updates on the work being undertaken by the group – such as developments to the group, changes at Elmwood in which we are involved, local issues to which the group is contributing, news from the High Peak PPG Network meetings…
· Any other urgent business is discussed and actions before the next meeting decided if appropriate.
· The group choose the main topic / speaker and the date of the next meeting.
The meetings last for approximately two hours. Tea, coffee and biscuits are provided.
Please feel free to join in our discussions – everyone’s views are important and we value your interest and contribution.
You will find more information about our meetings on our noticeboard in Reception.
You are also more than welcome to join us in any activities we carry out between meetings if you would like to be more active within the group.
What about contributing by email instead of attending meetings?
Not everyone has the time, mobility or wish to attend meetings. You can also contribute your views and ideas from time to time by responding to short questionnaires on your experiences as an Elmwood patient or changes that are being developed by email. You will find information and a membership form here on the website. You can also ask at Reception.
We really hope you will consider joining the group in one way or the other – the more voices we have, the more we can represent the differing views of Elmwood patients as a whole.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you'd like to join, please complete and submit the attached form.
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.
Click here to see the Patient Experience Survey Results 2015/16
Click here to see the Patient Experience Survey Results 2014/15
PPG Minutes 27 January 2017
PPG Minutes 28 April 2017
PPG Minutes 28 July 2017
Copyright 2006 - 2017 My Surgery Website | Privacy & Usage | Edit | Staff Home | Site Map | Accessibility | Site T&C's | Service T&C's